2.12.2006

priors barton front door

If I can only get the key in the lock. If I can only get the key in the lock. If I can only get my hand to the keyhole and place the key in the lock. If I can do this thing...I might get away with it. I might rediscover time. The night might end.

I get the key in the lock. The lock won't turn. The lock isn't turning. I'm turning the key but the lock's stuck. The lock's stuck! I'm stuck. I'm fucked. We're all fucked. There's no way back in. We're trapped out here. I'm trapped with them. The door won't open. I've been here five minutes. Ten minutes. An hour. Two hours. All night. All the nights there's ever been. Trying to get back in. Trying to open the door.

The door isn't open. I'm going to be trapped out here. With the clouds racing across the sky. With the night air eating my face. With one sock on and one sock off. With no way of knowing if I will ever see the light again. The door's shut. They're watching me, laughing, waiting.

The lock opens. The door opens. I step inside. I am safe. For now.